Thursday, December 9, 2010

YUI - Holidays In The Sun


Finally, YUI's 4th album is here.



YUI’s 4th album proved to be quite the pleasant listen. I was suprised that YUI took a more mellow direction with this album compared to the overly dramatic I LOVED YESTERDAY. New songs like Parade, Shake My Heart, and Kiss me together with the opening track to Mother show a softer side of the singer and I was glad she didn’t drown this album full of monotonous songs. There’s still a good amount of upbeat rock songs including A-sides like again and It’s all too much plus her self-cover of a song she wrote for Stereopony (I do it). Overall, I was pleased with the final product and the fact that it’s her most laid back album does not detract anything but shows that YUI can have a little fun with her songwriting.




Tracklist

01 To Mother
02 Again
03 Parade
04 es.car
05 Shake My Heart
06 Gloria
07 I do it
08 Please Stay With Me
09 Summer Song
10 Cinnamon
11 Driving Happy Life
12 It's all too much
13 Kiss me

0 comments:

Post a Comment